Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Breeze

This past Memorial Day weekend, I was able to get back on a bike after a weeks recovery, or 5 days off a bike after a very tough PA 600k. We finally had some nice warm weather here in NJ, and it was the first time that my family was able to get down to our beach house, after a very busy "family" spring.

Riding this past weekend, reminded me again the diversity of our sport, and some of the many reasons why we ride. It was great seeing and riding with many of my "shore" friends, that I ride with during these 3-4 months of the year, and it also seemed to be the first time in many months that I was actually able to go on a 2-3 hour, fast group ride, after riding so many brevets and long distance brevet training rides throughout the Spring. Although my legs were still working their way back in to form on Saturday, by Sunday I felt great again, and it was fun knowing that I could push myself to the limit, yet it "would all be over in a short period" of time.

Although I had some doubts about my commitment or sanity in riding The Shenandoah 1200K early last week after the completion of the PA 600K, those doubts soon passed, and a week from today I will have been underway, and I am hoping that all of the preparation will pay off.

As a very long time "Dead Head", I am not really sure why I never made it to a Phish Concert until last night, but what a treat and awesome show. Phish is really an amazing live band, and I may need to call upon some of those good tunes and vibes next week in the dreary hours.

Until next time, thanks for reading and "Keep on Truckin"

  Not a Cycling photo, just the view of our Life Guard Stand from my Beach Chair in Spring lake N.J. this past Memorial Day

No comments:

Post a Comment